Women’s Fitness & Wellbeing
Whole Body Fit
no matter your age, weight or exercise history.
My signature move-your-whole-self, strengthen-everything- you’ve-got, invigorate-and-inject-LIFE-into-your-one-and-only-body, class for WOMEN who want to move well, feel fabulous, gain confidence, and look great!
This term-based very small group class is an exercise-only offering, for women of ANY fitness level. I’m a master of modification, allowing a range of abilities to be accommodated in a single class.
Next Small Group: 2021
Runs for the term. Starting mid-term possible if space in class. See Class Schedule for times.
Done Privately: START ANYTIME
@ New Leaf Studio 63 Booker Road Hawkesbury Heights
Incuded in this weekly class:
- OPTIONAL ADD-ON: Private 30 minute face-to-face screening before your first class to check your posture and alignment, breathing strategy, and mobility, check for diastasis, cover the absolutely essential techniques of 360º breathing and core synergy, and discuss any issues that may need to be addressed.
- Weekly 45 minute very small group class. This programming is available as private sessions if a class is not for you.
- Strengthening with functional movements that are relevant to your daily life, no matter your age! You’ll be Squatting! Lunging! Reaching! Twisting! Balancing! Bending! Extending! Pushing! Pulling! WE DO THESE EVERY DAY. LET’S HAVE OUR MOVEMENT WORK FOR US, & NOT LEAD TO FUTURE PAIN & DYSFUNCTION!
- Intervals that challenge and invigorate you.
- Gain muscle to boost your metabolism, helping you shift extra weight (alongside a healthy way of eating and essential self care!), and keep it off.
- Integrated core strengthening. Forget crunches and sit-ups! Your core is meant to work with the rest of your body, not be isolated! You’ll be amazed at how effective it is, and how it will translate over to real-life strength in your daily life, during all your movements.
- Breathing pattern correction over the course of the term or longer: Absolutely everything you do IN LIFE depends on the breath! Your diaphragm is the driver of the rest of your core’s function. Chronic back pain, hernia, leaking, pelvic organ prolapse, tense and painful muscles, are some of the symptoms of a core that’s not fully functional. LET’S DO OUR BEST TO ERASE THIS FROM OUR FUTURE!
- Getting your glutes working. We’re going to rid the world of Lazy Glute Syndrome, one bottom at a time!
- Posture awareness and correction. FULLY FUNCTIONAL LOOKS & FEELS GREAT!
- Release of tight muscles throughout the body that are inhibiting proper posture, alignment and function, as well as causing you pain and discomfort. LET’S GET YOU FEELING GREAT!
You’ll gain STRENGTH. You’ll gain CONFIDENCE. You’ll gain VITALITY.
Transform your life with functional movement to gain
POWER, EMOTIONAL AND INNER STRENGTH, AND IMPROVED PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELLBEING.
Who is Whole Body Fit For?
This class may be suitable for you if:
- You are a woman.
- You want to increase your whole body fitness, strength, cardio.
- You have trained with me in one of my other courses, classes or programs and I’ve told you that this is suitable for you.
- You’d like to exercise in a very private personal studio with bush outlook, in a small group setting of maximum 4 participants.
- You’d like to take steps to move better, more comfortably, strongly.
- You’d like to become part of a caring, respectful community of women who really enjoy getting together each week to take care of their health!
- You’d like to exercise in a way that will help protect the long-term functioning of your pelvic floor, abdominals, back.
- You have some aches and pains that have held you back from other exercise classes. I suggest seeing a physiotherapist for exercise/rehabilitation recommendations that I can implement for you in the class. I am qualified in rehabilitation support and am a certified corrective exercise specialist.
This course may NOT be suitable for you if:
- You have a pelvic organ protruding past your body wall or other severe pelvic floor/core concern- please see a women’s health physiotherapist! You do not need a referral in Australia.
- You suffer deep core/pelvic floor concerns. I highly recommend starting with my Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish course or some private sessions first if you suffer incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain, and even chronic back pain. These are all symptoms of deep core dysfunction. The point of Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish is to give you the strategies and techniques to improve symptoms, help your core function well, and get you back to the activities you love so you can do them without leaking, pressure or pain! If you cannot start with Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish and still would like to take this course, please at least see a Women’s Health Physio. I am happy to refer you to one I work with.
- Your women’s health physiotherapist doesn’t clear you for this course.
- You have a health condition that precludes you from participating. If you are unsure, please ask your doctor for advice. This is also covered in online screening.
“Love the variety of exercises and different combos each time. It’s fun. You adapt the sessions to each person’s abilities, injuries, strengths and weaknesses. Now I know which exercises are best to keep my body functioning properly, and how to do them safely. No more lower back pain!”
“I really appreciate being able to be honest about my abilities and challenges. In fact, I find that I can do better when Gillian knows how I am going. She is able to adapt the exercise and watch more closely for improvement. I have made a huge amount of progress in just 6 months and look forward to the next year. In the past I have always dreaded exercising, but I find myself looking forward to slipping into the jog bra (and out of the house) now :)”