Postnatal Fitness & Wellbeing
Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish *NOW VIA ZOOM*
Whole Body FIT Post Natal *NOW VIA ZOOM*
Mums: It’s your time to flourish!
Take this opportunity to feel revitalized, energized, & regain your strength & fitness after baby.
In order to care for your family the way you want to,
feel great doing it, return to activities you love,
and protect your pelvic, core and back health,
you need to take just a little time out of your week to care for your wellbeing.*
*And have fun doing it!
When you sign up for a New Leaf Post Natal Offering:
- You enter into a community full of caring, support, knowledge and fun.
- You’ll be guided step-by-step in your recovery from post partum deep core and pelvic floor weakness or dysfunction towards a return to full function, strength, energy and wellbeing.
- You’ll get fitter, stronger and regain confidence.
- You’ll learn time-saving ways of preparing food and eating to support and nourish your body and mind, with simple recipes, tips, meal planning, and more.
- You’ll learn how to modify exercises to make them pelvic floor and diastasis safe.
- You’ll gain essential techniques to avoid creating or worsening a pelvic organ prolapse, to improve your diastasis, and to get rid of your back pain.
- You’ll be given the tools to gain a flatter, stronger, more controlled tummy, for life.
- You’ll find relief for your aches and pains.
- You’ll train for things that you do in real life, and in such a way that your pelvic floor and deep core are restored and protected daily.
- You’ll feel relaxed, recovered, renewed, reinvigorated!
Once you have completed any of the Post Natal Offerings, you are able to continue on and participate in any of my Small Group Classes or 1:1 PT Sessions.
CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE USE MY CONTACT FORM TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST!
This class is suitable for women from 6 weeks post natal (8 weeks C-Section) who have been cleared for exercise. A pelvic and core health & function check with a Women’s Health Physio is advised prior to undertaking this class.
If you have any functional issues with your pelvic floor, core, back, or a diastasis, it is recommended that you start with Post Natal 1: Reconnect & Rejuvenate, or Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish either before doing this class or as an accompaniment to it.
**Special discounts are available for mums attending both. Contact me for details!**
Pram FIT classes are booked by the school term.
You’ll be outdoors in the company of other mums and bubs. Make new connections, move and strengthen your entire body, get tips on appropriate, effective post natal exercise, learn fabulous muscle tension releases to help with your aches and pains and more! And all under the supervision of an expert in the field of post natal and women’s health fitness… who also happens to be a certified strength and conditioning coach for athletes!
Older children welcome, and are your responsibility throughout the class. Class runs rain or shine: there is no bad weather, just bad clothing! Please wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing, a good, well-fitted sports bra, a sun hat, sun screen and active footwear. Ensure you bring along a full water bottle or two and a towel.
“Pram FIT was really great. Gillian was so informative and enthusiastic. The classes helped inspire me to start working more on my core and pelvic floor. The exercises were always really well thought out to target what a Mum really needs.”
“Pram FIT was just what I needed! The structure of the class and the venue worked so well to allow me to exercise with both my baby and my 5 year old in tow. The exercises were gentle on my body, but a good workout at the same time, being specific to what I needed for recovery following birth and the demands of mothering. I’d definitely recommend this class to any mum with a new or not so new baby!”
Who Are These Programs For?
New Leaf Post Natal Courses are for you if you were cleared to do conservative exercise at your post natal check with your doctor, and if you identify with any of the following:
- you have ever been pregnant
- you have ever given birth vaginally
- you have ever given birth by C-Section
- you have diastasis rectus abdominis/mummy tummy/tummy gap
- you suffer mild to moderate pelvic floor issues
- you leak urine, even just a little
- you have an aching back, upper or lower
- you have a heavy, dragging feeling in your pelvic floor, or it just doesn’t feel right “down there”
- you have a diagnosed prolapse grade 1 or 2
- you have the posture of motherhood, with slumped shoulders and tucked-under bottom
- you are working with a women’s health physiotherapist who clears you for this course
- you are aware that pelvic floor and deep core issues are common in post natal women and you want to reduce your chances of developing any of these in years to come (in a high number of women, myself included, pelvic floor issues worsen over time or don’t become an issue until hormones change in peri menopause, which can start as early as 35 years of age.)
While these courses take a sensible and multi-stage approach to deep core and pelvic floor rehabilitation, it is not for everyone. These courses may not be suitable for you if:
- you have not yet been cleared in your post-natal check
- you have a pelvic organ protruding to or past your body wall- please see a women’s health physiotherapist! You do not need a referral in Australia.
- your women’s health physiotherapist doesn’t clear you for this course
What Happens After Booking?
- You’ll be added to my register. Keep an eye out for your confirmation email.
- You’ll be asked to complete a pre-session Posture and Breathing Awareness Worksheet.
- You’ll gain entry to New Leaf Fitness and Wellbeing’s: Fit & Well Mamas/Women Private Facebook Group. There you will have access to a wealth of information on movement, nutrition, pelvic floor and deep core function, recovery and health, and more! You will also be able to contact or ask questions of me and other women. It’s our lovely, supportive, caring community.
- You should obtain clearance from your doctor to start a new exercise program. Post natal Mamas MUST be cleared for exercise by their doctor/midwife.
- I very, very highly recommend that EVERY woman should have a pelvic health check, if you have not already. Just because it is not systematically offered through the health system, doesn’t mean that it is not important. The health system here is very behind the times regarding putting in place proper programs to protect the future anatomical and physiological pelvic floor and core health of women. The overwhelming evidence shows that all women would benefit from such a check, to educate, to ensure problems are caught early, and simple, conservative strategies can be implemented to protect the core and floor for the rest of the woman’s life. In France, for example, every woman gets 6 treatments with a Woman’s Health Physio. Many GPs, OB/Gyns in Australia either don’t even know that there are WHPs, or don’t understand what they do!
- We’ll arrange a 60 minute private initial session for Core & Floor classes, or 30 minute private initial session for other classes if you have added it on at checkout, so I can check your posture and alignment, breathing strategy, and mobility, check for diastasis, grade a diastasis, cover the absolutely essential techniques of 360º breathing and core synergy, and discuss any issues that may need to be addressed. These are important to cover in private so you can relax & concentrate, & I can give YOU my FULL attention.
Still have questions?
Check out my FAQs page, informative Blog pages, and relevant program and class pages for more information and to get answers to any questions you may have. If after that you still need more information, Contact Me!