Movement, Fitness & Wellbeing Coaching
Coaching and sessions designed to meet the unique needs of your body, health, fitness & wellbeing challenges & aspirations.
From specialist corrective exercises to mobility work to strength and conditioning and more, your programming is created specifically to suit YOU. Every aspect is designed as part of a completely unique offering.
Coaching sessions include:
- Comprehensive Online Initial Screening.
- Initial Consultation including Live Screening (in Studio or via Zoom)
- I check your posture and alignment, breathing strategy, and mobility, check for diastasis, and discuss any issues that may need to be addressed or you want to talk about.
- Then, we go deep into your goals and your motivation to achieve them. We’ll figure out the motivators that will keep you going when you’d long thought you might give in. And we’ll come up with a plan that fits YOUR life so you feel EMPOWERED to succeed.
- Establishing benchmarks so we can see your progress.
- Private sessions up to 3 times per week (of 45 or 60 minutes duration).
- Goal Realignment & Progress Reviews.
- Regular updates to your exercise program, to keep your body adapting, increasing in ability, fitness and strength, and efficiently progressing towards reaching your goals.
- Precise coaching in exercise techniques to ensure your movement is working for you, making you stronger and more mobile.
- Reducing poor movement patterns and muscle compensation strategies.
- Strategies and guidance on reducing stress and anxiety.
- Sleep hygiene- implementing strategies to help you improve the amount and quality of your sleep.
- Relaxation techniques to calm your mind and apply to your every day.
- Massage techniques, muscle releases, mobilizations and stretching routines that allow you to move, feel, and exercise better.
- Simple dietary guidance and meal planning.
- Integrated pelvic floor and core training for strong, stable whole body movement.
- E-mail support.
- Direct communication with your health care provider where indicated (GP, specialist doctor, physiotherapist, etc, to ensure your health care needs are taken care of in your programming). I am certified in rehabilitation support.
Private coaching sessions are paid for as a monthly subscription.
- you’ll decide how many sessions per week you can commit to,
- you’ll decide the length of each session (45 or 60 minutes),
- which will determine the price of your subscription per month.
Register and Complete your Online Screening
If, for any reason uncovered in the Online Screening, it is determined that New Leaf 1:1 coaching isn’t a good fit for you, I’ll provide you with a full refund, and direct you to a Women’s Health Physiotherapist or other health professional who can provide you with appropriate advice and treatment.
How do I sign Up?
- To reserve your spot, please click on the sign up button.
- Once you’ve chosen an option for 1:1 private and submitted your payment, you’ll book in your sessions using the code you received.
- Your reserved space will be confirmed by email. Check your inbox, spam and promotions folders.
- Click on the link in your confirmation email to fill out a screening form at least 24 hours prior to your first session. If I need to clarify any details, I’ll contact you.
- If, for any reason uncovered in the screening, it’s determined that this program isn’t a good fit for you, I’ll provide you with a full refund and direct you to an appropriate health professional, whether this is your doctor, midwife, physiotherapist, or other.
What Happens After Booking?
- You’ll be added to my register. Keep an eye out for an email from New Leaf Fitness and Wellbeing.
- Fill out your pre-session screening form.
- You’ll gain entry to New Leaf Fitness and Wellbeing’s: Fit & Well Mamas/Women Private Facebook Group. There you will have access to a wealth of information on movement, nutrition, pelvic floor and deep core function, recovery and health, and more! You will also be able to contact or ask questions of me and other women. It’s our lovely, supportive, caring community.
- You should obtain clearance from your doctor to start a new exercise program. This is compulsory if you are newly post natal, have any chronic health conditions or contraindications to exercise that you already know about or are indicated on the online screening form.
- I very, very highly recommend that EVERY woman should have a pelvic health check, if you have not already. Just because it is not systematically offered through the health system, doesn’t mean that it is not important. The health system here is very behind the times regarding putting in place proper programs to protect the future anatomical and physiological pelvic floor and core health of women. The overwhelming evidence shows that all women would benefit from such a check, to educate, to ensure problems are caught early, and simple, conservative strategies can be implemented to protect the core and floor for the rest of the woman’s life. In France, for example, every woman gets 6 treatments with a Woman’s Health Physio. Many GPs, OB/Gyns in Australia either don’t even know that there are WHPs, or don’t understand what they do! This is, unfortunately, to the detriment of their patients.
Still have questions?
Contact Me! I’d love to help you enjoy movement in your one and only beautiful body. Let’s see if we can work together!