Fit & Well Women
Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish
*NOW VIA ZOOM*
A Wholistic, Whole Body Approach to Renew Your Core and Pelvic Floor Function and Revitalize Your Body, Mind & Life.
Find empowerment with this Specialist Program that will have a massive impact on the rest of your life!
In order to care for your family the way you want to,
feel great doing it, return to activities you love,
and protect your pelvic, core and back health for life,
you need to take just a little time out of your week to care for your wellbeing.*
*And have fun doing it!
A lack of deep core and pelvic floor function is not something that only newly post natal mothers experience.
The natural function of all parts of the deep core individually and working as a unit can be lost or weakened for many reasons, such as:
- pregnancy and childbirth (vaginal and C-section)
- pain and injury
- a sedentary lifestyle/inactivity for periods of time
- hormonal changes of peri-post menopause
- anxiety and stress
- chronic cough or sneeze
- chronic constipation
- abdominal or gynaecological surgery
- high impact sporting pursuits
- a lack of body awareness
The weakness or loss of function of any part of your deep core increases your likelihood of developing symptoms such as incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse (bladder, bowel or uterus exiting your body), pelvic pain, back pain and spinal injury, among other problems.
But there is hope!
By training your deep core function, you will be making positive steps to live the life you want.
And it’s up to you to decide!
Once you have completed Core & Floor: Foundation to Flourish, you are able to continue on and participate in any of my Small Group Classes or 1:1 PT Sessions.
This program, given in a Small Group or Private 1:1 takes you sensibly from deep core/pelvic floor weakness or dysfunction, along a step-by-step journey towards a possible return to full function and strength in your daily life and physical activities.
Gillian’s classes are wonderful. Very small, friendly groups. Gillian takes the time to understand our individual problems, what we need to work on and what we need to avoid, and manages to provide a happy motivational workout that suits everybody. Thanks Gillian!
Who Are These Programs For?
This may be suitable for you if:
- You want to regain or strengthen your core connection and core strength, which includes your pelvic floor.
- You have back pain/ache/strain/injury and want to stabilise and protect your spine to decrease, or halt the progression of these problems.
- You have diastasis recti (tummy gap/mummy tummy).
- You have stage 1 or 2 pelvic organ prolapse, or have a heavy, dragging sensation in your vagina, and you’d like to protect your body against worsening this condition.
- You suffer incontinence/leak, even just a little or once in a while. This is the canary in the coal mine, and worsens with time and hormonal changes.
- You want to learn how to protect your back, pelvic floor, abdominal wall.
- You are heading toward or are in peri menopause and want to take preventive measures to decrease your likelihood of developing pelvic floor issues such as incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse when your protective hormones decrease.
- You are in peri-post menopause.
- You have a lack of awareness of your body.
- You are willing to be proactive in your progress through the steps of this program. Re-establishing or strengthening natural function that has been “lost”, and integrating it into your daily life takes time and dedication.
- You have already had or are willing to have an appointment at a women’s health physiotherapist/pelvic health physiotherapist. This is necessary so that you understand what is going on with your pelvic floor (tight? weak? injured? nerve damage? something else?) and so that you & I know that you are able to properly contract your pelvic floor. Unfortunately, fewer than 50% of women who have been given verbal instruction on how to contract the pelvic floor, and think they are doing it correctly, are actually doing a proper pelvic floor contraction and relaxation. The consequences of not doing this properly include the inability to regain deep core function, and development or worsening of incontinence, pain and pelvic organ prolapse. If you absolutely feel you cannot have a pelvic health check with a highly trained Women’s Health Physio, you will need to tick a waiver at the start of the course.
This may NOT be suitable for you if:
- you have a pelvic organ protruding to or past your body wall- please see a women’s health physiotherapist! You do not need a referral in Australia.
- your women’s health physiotherapist doesn’t clear you for this program
- you are currently acutely injured and your physio/chiro/osteo/doctor doesn’t clear you for this program
- you are unwilling or unable to work consistently through the step-by-step process of deep core connection training
How do I sign Up?
- To reserve your spot, please click the button, below.
- Once you’ve chosen an option of small group class or 1:1 private (able to start any time) and SUBMITTED YOUR PAYMENT, your reserved space in the program will be confirmed by email.
- You’ll click the link in your confirmation email to COMPLETE THE ONLINE SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE so that we both know that this program is appropriate for you. If I need to clarify any details of your screening questionnaire, I’ll contact you prior to your first session.
- I’ll contact you to schedule in your initial private consultation.
- If, for any reason uncovered in the screening, it is determined that this program isn’t a good fit for you, I’ll provide you with a full refund, and direct you to a Women’s Health Physiotherapist or other health professional who can provide you with appropriate advice and treatment.
You can pay in 3 fortnightly instalments for private, or all in one payment!
Press the button to see your options and to secure your place!
Your place is fully reserved only once you have paid and completed the screening process.
What Happens After Booking?
- You’ll be added to my register. Keep an eye out for your confirmation email.
- You’ll be asked to COMPLETE THE COMPREHENSIVE ONLINE SCREENING FORM linked in your confirmation email, as well as a pre-session POSTURE & BREATHING AWARENESS WORKSHEET and bring this to your 1:1 Private Initial Session.
- You’ll gain entry to New Leaf Fitness and Wellbeing’s: Fit & Well Mamas/Women Private Facebook Group. There you will have access to a wealth of information on movement, nutrition, pelvic floor and deep core function, recovery and health, and more! You will also be able to contact or ask questions of me and other women.
- You should obtain clearance from your doctor to start a new exercise program.
- I very, very highly recommend that EVERY woman should have a pelvic health check, if you have not already. Just because it is not systematically offered through the health system, doesn’t mean that it is not important. The health system here is very behind the times regarding putting in place proper programs to protect the future anatomical and physiological pelvic floor and core health of women. The overwhelming evidence shows that all women would benefit from such a check, to educate, to ensure problems are caught early, and simple, conservative strategies can be implemented to protect the core and floor for the rest of the woman’s life. In France, for example, every woman gets 6 treatments with a Woman’s Health Physio. Many GPs, OB/Gyns in Australia either don’t even know that there are WHPs, or don’t understand what they do!
- We’ll arrange a 60 minute private initial session (yes, even for the class offering, included in the cost of this program) so I can check your posture and alignment, breathing strategy, and mobility, check for diastasis, grade a diastasis, cover the absolutely essential techniques of 360º breathing and core synergy, and discuss any issues that may need to be addressed. These are important to cover in private so you can relax & concentrate, & I can give YOU my FULL attention.
Still have questions?
Check out my FAQs page, informative Blog pages, and relevant program and class pages for more information and to get answers to any questions you may have. If after that you still need more information, Contact Me!