Pregnancy Fitness & Wellbeing
Prenatal FIT & Bliss
*NOW VIA ZOOM!*
You need more than just an exercise program at this extraordinary time in your life for you and the baby you are growing!
You need to prepare your entire body, abdominals, pelvic floor for the specific demands of childbirth.
You need to know, PRE-BIRTH, how to begin your core and pelvic floor recovery early in your 4th trimester.
When you sign up for New Leaf’s
Prenatal FIT & Bliss:
- You enter into a community full of caring, support, and knowledge.
- You’ll be happy knowing you’re doing your best in pregnancy for the fitness, wellbeing and health of both you and your child.
- You’ll be guided step-by-step in your fitness journey through the trimesters of your pregnancy as well as prepared for your early post natal recovery.
- You’ll learn about the importance of relaxation of your pelvic floor muscles during labour and childbirth, and practice releases and techniques in preparation for your big day.
- You’ll stay fit, strong, mobile.
- You’ll learn time-saving ways of preparing food and eating to support and nourish your body and mind, as well as your growing baby, with simple recipes, tips, meal plans, and more. This will help massively during your post natal recovery!
- You’ll learn how to modify exercises as your belly grows, centre of gravity shifts, pelvis is increasingly put under pressure.
- You’ll train for the specific physical needs of labour and childbirth.
- You’ll be given the tools to start your post natal core and pelvic floor recovery as soon as you are ready. These are skills you need to have before all your attention is focused on your beautiful newborn!
- You’ll find wonderful relief for your aches and pains.
- You’ll train for things that you do in real life, and in such a way that your
pelvic floor and deep core function are protected daily.
- You’ll feel energized, uplifted, confident!
- You’ll have the peace of mind knowing I have screened you thoroughly for contraindications to exercise, that I am always watchful for any contraindications that may begin after initial screening anytime during your pregnancy, and that I will be in contact with your medical professional (with your permission) to discuss any issues that arise.
Included in this course:
- Full online prescreen.
- Breathing and Posture Worksheet
- Weekly hour-long small group class, paid for as an automatically recurring 4 week subscription. You decide when the payments stop (baby!). If you have to miss a class, this can be made up by coming to a Whole Body FIT session.
- 1:1 hour-long private sessions
- Developing connection/awareness and ability of recruitment of spine-supporting muscles which increases protection and stability of back muscles and joints of the spine and pelvis for life! BYE BYE BACK PAIN! This is likely to become more difficult as your belly grows, but will be an important tool to AID IN RESTORING YOUR POST NATAL CORE.
- Taking advantage of links with other parts of the body to naturally increase activation of the pelvic floor and core (they don’t operate in isolation!)
- Training for the physical challenges of labour and childbirth.
- RELEASE of tight muscles throughout the body that are inhibiting proper posture, alignment and function, as well as causing you pain and discomfort.
- Learning positions of movement and posture to help you save your pelvic floor, abdominals and back. Some ways of moving through daily life activities are better than others!
- INVIGORATE your body and mind. I’ll give you simple, actionable advice for essential topics including nutrition, stress management and relief, sleep hygiene, scar tissue- how it can affect you for years to come and what to do about it, how to apply self-massage techniques, and more…
- Relaxing mindfulness meditation audio for at home
- Ensuring deep core recruitment during functional movements that are relevant to your daily life. LET’S HAVE OUR MOVEMENT WORK FOR US, & NOT LEAD TO FUTURE PAIN & DYSFUNCTION!
- Re-patterning of your glutes, which SUPPORT your back and core.
- Posture awareness and working towards maintaining neutral alignment as long as you can in your pregnancy. FULLY FUNCTIONAL LOOKS & FEELS GREAT!
- Breathing pattern optimisation: Absolutely everything you do depends on the breath! Suboptimal breathing mechanisms and patterns develop due to pregnancy and lead to deep core dysfunction: the core doesn’t work together as it should. LET’S ERASE THIS FROM OUR FUTURES!
- Linking pelvic floor and deep core function to the automatic breath, setting up the FOUNDATIONS FOR PROPER AUTOMATIC FUNCTIONING of the entire core complex
- Correct pelvic floor contraction and relaxation. Kegels are just one part in this. There is so much more! You will be using this not only during labour and childbirth (especially relaxation and opening!), but during your post natal recovery.
- Connecting with your deep abdominals, the transversus abdominis
- Learning about and practicing proper abdominal recruitment
- Establishing PROPER CORE SEQUENCING with the diaphragm, pelvic floor, transversus, and spinal stabilizers all working together as a team to protect your spine, pelvic floor, abdominal wall. WE’RE GOING FOR LEAKING LESS & KEEPING ORGANS IN YOUR BODY! These are also key skills in your 4th trimester!
- VIDEOS of a birth prep relaxation routine, pelvic asymmetry exercises to prepare the pelvis in the last month before birth, and for maintaining wonderful, luscious pelvic and lower back mobility! These are lovely routines to help you RELAX & STAY COMFORTABLE, even if you are giving birth via planned C-section.
- BONUS!: you’ll be introduced to the benefits of barefoot training and how it can make your deep core recruitment and movements of your entire body even stronger! THIS IS A GAME CHANGER!
What Happens After Booking?
- You’ll be added to my register. Keep an eye out for an email from New Leaf Fitness and Wellbeing.
- You’ll be asked to complete a pre-session posture and breathing awareness questionnaire, to bring to your face-to-face screening if you haven’t trained with me previously.
- You’ll gain entry to New Leaf Fitness and Wellbeing’s: Fit & Well Mamas Private Facebook Group. There you will have access to a wealth of information on movement, nutrition, pelvic floor and deep core function, recovery and health, guidelines for exercise during pregnancy, and more!
- If you’ve not previously trained with me, you’ll have a 30 minute face-to-face screening prior to your first session to check your posture and alignment, breathing strategy, and mobility, cover the absolutely essential techniques of 360º breathing and core synergy, and discuss any issues that may need to be addressed.
- If required (I will advise, based on your individual health & pregnancy as indicated in your online screening), you will bring your doctor/midwife clearance form to either your face-to-face screening or first session/class. Otherwise, you can bring the clearance form following your next doctor/midwife appointment.
Still have questions?
Check out my FAQs page, informative Blog pages, and relevant program and class pages for more information and to get answers to any questions you may have. If after that you still need more information, Contact Me!